For a day that began with a post entitled Scattered (scroll down) it ended up being a gift, truly! I’m sure you don’t want a blow-by-blow, but let me just make a little list:
- Had long overdue catch-up conversation with a good friend
- Learned that a favorite student was coming back after six months off
- Was given the opportunity to provide a very awesome gift to a student’s family.
- Drove to a nearby city with an old friend under a gorgeous night sky- did anyone else see that moon?
- Had a wonderful dinner with that old friend!
- Attended an amazing holiday concert by composer and pianist Jim Brickman in a great venue
- Was able to gift tickets to that concert to a student and her mom and see them there enjoying it!!
Not bad for a day that began in disarray!! And I am taking it as God’s personal gift to me!! When I do settle in for sleep I will be giving thanks for a day that was certainly redeemed from it’s rather unorganized beginning. Who knew at 9:30 a.m. that at midnight I’d be reflecting on a day of accomplishment, satisfaction and time well spent. And it won’t go unsaid that the to-do list mentioned in the Scattered post did indeed take a couple of whacks.